𝗥𝗲𝗯𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝘂𝗰𝗰𝗲𝘀𝘀
Updated: Nov 21, 2020
Rebranding yourself may be necessary to introduce the new you as a founder or after a personal inflection point. Through adversity and perseverance, you may have gained new skills and perspective.
Letting others know your gains elevates both sides of the discussion since there are many benefits to rebranding.
By showing competency, people will engage you with new ideas and future projects will better match your interests. Combining the best from our past and our recent lessons, we gain confidence to face new challenges.
In college, I completely rebranded myself. I explored who I wanted to be and then acted accordingly (e.g. choosing courses based on amazing professors and not by my major). I learned and failed. By approaching the world differently, I could decide to keep any aspect or to revisit my old ways.
As your knowledge and goals evolve, rebranding can expedite personal satisfaction and lead to success. Here are some steps how to move forward.
7 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐑𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟
1. Highlight your change – Determine exactly what you want to emphasize and then focus on that message.
2. Define your destination – Talk about how your growth plays into the future version of yourself.
3. Expand your network – Engage people who will appreciate and support your new direction.
4. Show by example – Operate in a new space (e.g. start a group or volunteer) and apply new skills to verify your talent.
5. Tell a story – Demonstrate competence while being entertaining is a great way to convey positive change.
6. Solve a problem – Show your acumen by sharing ideas and insights with others at work and on social media.
7. Reveal what matters – Explain your new value by being simple, clear, and direct to avoid appearing pretentious.
𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘻𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘵𝘩 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘬𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸𝘴 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳.
By rebranding, you can share progress with others in a way that complements your values and increases your success.
Photo by Nghia Le who can be found here: https://unsplash.com/@lephunghia